Re: Call for OODB query experts

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:44:44 +0200

> That QBE work has been applied by some researchers recently for OODBs. For
> example:
> http://www.disi.unige.it/conferences/oodbws00/program.html
> But the papers do not appear to be online anymore.

Thank you very much, Akmal.
The commitee email adresses are still there. I will try to get in contact.

> I looked at the work by Zloof on QBE in the late 1980s for my MSc. Quite
> interesting. I think that there was some empirical research results as
> well which showed that people could be taught QBE very quickly. Chapter 3
> has a couple of pages:
>
> http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~akmal/papers.dir/88.msc-thesis.ps
> or
> http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~akmal/papers.dir/88.msc-thesis.ps.gz

I read the pages on the empirical research.

It seems like I forgot one advantage in my listing: Query By Example is easier to learn than SQL.

Thanks for the support.

Kind regards,
Carl Received on Wed Aug 16 2000 - 18:44:44 CDT