Re: Call for OODB query experts

From: akmal b chaudhri <akmal_at_nospam.soi.city.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 19:37:04 +0100

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 rileypix_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I'd like to read more about OODBs. Are you aware of any internet
> references I can go to?

I think Carl has posted out a set of good hyperlinks. If you do a search on "Object Databases" at Amazon, you will get back about 150 references I think.

Not on the internet (so I hope you don't mind), but if you are interested in case studies, some advice on product selection, "gotchas", etc. you may find these helpful:

http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~akmal/html.dir/98-book.html http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~akmal/html.dir/00-book.html

I would suggest you have a browse in a bookshop first or check a good library. The first title is certainly available and the second will be published end of next month (fingers crossed).

This may also be useful:

http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~akmal/html.dir/tapos.html

IMHO, one good primer on the subject of OODBs is this:

http://www.awl.com/cseng/titles/0-201-56341-X/

Sadly, the book appears to be out of print now. Perhaps Amazon can track down a copy for you as it is worth reading I think.

KR

akmal

--
[ akmal at akmal-chaudhri dot com ]