Re: one table? five tables?

From: Jeffrey Flaker <jeffreyf_at_nac.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:33:09 -0400

I didn't give it a VERY good going over, it was a bookmark from a while ago. Normalization also depends on the desired END result that you are trying to accomplish, and isn't an exact science in my opinion since there are so many examples/explanations out there with no consensus, too many variations of "Database" and "Design" and Normalization is good when just starting a new database, what happens when there are over 30M records (My company(Retail)) and over 750 programs hitting a database for just about any reason.