Multiple entries in a field

From: Rohit <rohitd_at_flashmail.com>
Date: 2000/08/08

Hi,

I'm new to databases and designing them,so I hope I can get my requirement through clearly.What I basically want to have is the possibility for the entry of more than 1 data item for a particular field in my database.Eg. for a database called TEAMS,I want fields such as: Name,Captain,Players,Year Founded,etc.Now obviously the last one has to have the names for *each* of the team,so it can't be done with just a VARCHAR(50).There will be a separate database for each of the team,with things such as their Name,Age,Year of joining,etc.... or should there be? How exactly would I go about doing this? I should be able to query the first db for all teams founded after a certain year,for example,and then get whatever data on each member of that team.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Ro.

"A crush,for humans,is something like falling in love;however it occurs only in very young members of the species and is looked upon with great amusement by the older members."

  • Spock to Lt.Saavik,Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan
    "I just want you to know - maybe we don't need to worry,but where I was raised it's good manners to tell you - I passed all my exams in biocontrol."
    - David (Capt. Kirk's son) to Lt.Saavik,Star Trek III - The Search For Spock