Re: Network Database

From: Joe Celko <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

>> I went to "google", one of the search engines, and did a search
on "CODASYL Databases". CODASYL is an abbreviation for some standards committee that dealt with databases in the pre relational era. FAIK, CODASYL is still alive. <<

No, CODASYL was absorbed by the ANSI X3H2 years ago. We approved the NDL standard, then it expired, so there is no network database standard. But NDL mkight be a good search word.

--CELKO--
Joe Celko, SQL and Database Consultant
When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc) which can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message