Re: Generic Database

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: 2000/07/12

> I'm interested in designing a database that contains a single table.
> However each record can represent a different entity. For example, a
> record for representing a bear has the same fields for representing a
> plane.

What are you trying to achieve with this design? Splitting information makes sense, to be able to search the database.

If you just want to store data, you could use Java serialization.

How about forgetting about tables and using object orientation instead?

--
Carl Rosenberger
db4o - database for objects - http://www.db4o.com