Re: cardinalism

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/07/07

        Obviously it pertains to those members of the Roman Catholic church who believe that the Pope has too much power and College of Cardinals should rule the church with the Pope becoming a figurehead.

        Then again it may pertain to bird fanciers who especially admire a particular species of bright red bird (male only) with a modest crest.

        In the database world I have seen the term cardinality applied to indexes where low cardinality meant an index with relatively few terms, .e.g a table of all of the citizens of the United States with an index on sex, er I mean Male, Femalre, or other not yes, no, often.  Conversely high cardinality would apply to an index on the same table using Social Security Number.

On 7/6/00, 8:43:43 PM, HanJeong Lee <stststst_at_soback.kornet.nm.kr> wrote

regarding cardinalism: