Re: Database on the Internet

From: John Nelson <johnn_at_flatline.com>
Date: 2000/06/23

This one time, at band camp, rjt_at_pyramid.net said...
> I have a database program that I would like to place on the Internet
> on a Web site. I'd like it to function in a Server/Client environment
> or something similar so I can access the data remotely. Can I do this
> quickly and efficiently with MS Network Services and/or PC Anywhere?

If you don't mind the fact that the solution won't scale worth a damn, then yes, PC Anywhere is a quick and dirty solution to making an application available via the internet. If you have only one, or at most, a handful of clients that you wish to connect, this will work.

I don't recommend it. Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message