Re: question: approaches to view update problem

From: Cristof Falk <cristof_at_learnfromdata.cncdsl.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

In article <8g74se$lh4$1_at_pollux.usc.edu>, separk_at_pollux.usc.edu says...
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for existing approaches to the view update problem in RDB
> and OODB. Does anyone know where I could find the most up-to-date references
> that deal with (or, survey) the approaches?
>
> Thank you very much for your time.
>
> Regards,
> Seongbin Park

Chris Date has a book that covers this (I believe it is his "Intro to Relational DB Systems"). Basically, he recommends using stored procedures where you would use a view, and gives a lot of scenarios to consider when writing one for the target db. -cf