Re: MVD projection algorithm.

From: Tin Blaskovic <tblaskov_at_jagor.srce.hr>
Date: 2000/06/17

Brian Inglis <Brian.dot.Inglis_at_SystematicSw.ab.ca> wrote:
: It's also possible that the theoretical approach does not give
: results in a reasonable time, and/or adhoc methods are faster and
: invariably used.

: You might want to check out some source code to reverse engineer
: approaches used: for example, msql, mysql, postgres sql, I
: believe provide source.

  Thanks for your answer Brian. I, since my last post, did manage to find that algorithm, and it doesn't seem to be too complex, even for using it to solve problems manually. The theoretical approach was the preferred one, as the aim of my program is to illustrate the algorithms that students must use in rdb classes. I now have all the algorithms and I hope I'll finish the program soon :-)

 Regards,

         Tin. Received on Sat Jun 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message