Re: Surrogate Keys

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

I guess I came across as sounding madder at Neil that I really was. In any event, Neil and I have patched things up, put that behind us by exchanges of emails.
Neil deserves most of the credit for being a class act.

I'm going to take another look at Codd's rules, and see if I can come up with any answers.
Meanwhile, there are others in the group more qualified than I am to answer your question.

I'll start here:

The metadata isn't stored in tables that can be subjected to queries using the same language as the language used to query data. At least, if it is, I missed that in my skimming of ACCESS.