Re: How should I type my data- ZIP codes and States/Regions

From: Mark Samson <samson.mark_at_mayo.edu>
Date: 2000/04/28

ISO 3166-1 defines the two letter country codes. You can get the country codes at:

http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/

ISO 3166-2 defines political subdivision codes (states, provinces, prefectures, you name it). Unfortunately, they don't release 3166-2 freely; I think you can buy it from them. I've found subsets of ISO 3166-2 in various places and assembled my own list, but its incomplete.

Mark