Re: How should I type my data- ZIP codes and States/Regions

From: David Cressey <David_at_DCressey.com>
Date: 2000/04/19

If you store ZIP codes as strings, then when you begin to want to store Canadian Postal Codes,
you will be able to use the same column. If ZIP is numeric you will need a different column for
Canadian Postal Codes.

As far as state is concerned, the best bet is to use the same 2 letter codes the US Postal Service does.
There are two letter codes for overseas territories, like PR = Puerto Rico, and for
Canadian Provinces, like PQ = Quebec. I don't know where, but I'm sure there's a website that
lists all of them.