Re: bioquest

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: 2000/04/18

"Ana Fernández Lamothe" <fernandeza_at_obgyn.ucsf.edu> wrote in message news:38FBA335.896E7F4A_at_obgyn.ucsf.edu...

> Hi,

> I'm trying to find newer or equivalent version of the software Bioquest.

> We work with large amounts of data, and need to do double entry.
> Bioquest had a function in which you could enter the 2nd time and if it
> was different than the 1st time, it would let you know and you could
> correct it.

> MS Access does not have this function, does anyonone know of a program
> that does?

It shouldn't be very hard to build this functionality into Access. Say you use a table for data entry whose structure is similar to this,

create table rawdataentry (user text(50), timestamp datetime,   a text(255), b text(255), c integer,
  constraint primarykey primary key (user, timestamp, a))

The real table would have only fields a, b, and c, with a being the primary key. You can then look for discrepancies in the data entry table with this:

select a, min(b), max(b), min(c), max(c) from rawdataentry
group by a
having min(b) <> max(b) or min(c) <> max(c)

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jfoster_at_ricochet.net>  Space Cooties! <http://www.xenu.net/>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to