Re: non - expert question

From: Jack Orenstein <jao_at_mediaone.net>
Date: 2000/04/16

peter wrote:

> Hi,
> sorry to bother you but I have found myself in a bit of a pickle.
> I have been asked to put together a flyer for some visitors giving a general
> and gentle introduction to "spatial databases". The flyer should not go
> into too much technical detail and should give some applications into the
> "real world".
> I have searched the web but it is all too technical for me.
> Can anybody help me out, I am quite lost.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated

Without more context it's really hard to answer this question. Do you want a research viewpoint? Are you interested in products? What application area? (Geographic? Solid modelling?)

As a start, you might want to look at geographic information systems (GISs). If you search on this term, you should find lots of information on the web and in a library.

Jack Orenstein Received on Sun Apr 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message