Simple question (probably)

From: David <david_at_>
Date: 2000/04/13

Hello, I have a simple question:

How would you do the following:
I have a database of shirts, and want to store the sizes of each of them in which they are available. So at first I created a field 'sizesfrom' and field 'sizestill'. And when I needed the sizes in which a shirt was available I simply let a counter run form 'sizesfrom' to 'sizestill' and present that (in ASP). But now, we have to be able to manipulate the available sizes. So, I really would like to explicitly store the available sizes. But should I do this in a field like 'availablesizes' with a value like '24,25,26,27' and then use some stringparsing function to retrieve the sizes? Or should I create a another table for the shirts and for each available size create a record?

Thanks a lot.

David Received on Thu Apr 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT