Re: Invoice History

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/07

In article <W6MG4.560$4c3.15572_at_typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>,   "Mark Lenihan" <mlenihan_at_stny.rr.com> wrote:
> I am building a DB for a physical therapist who tracks client visits
 thru
> the month and then invoices the local Health Dept. What's the best
 way of
> recording the monthly invoice info? If I make the invoice a report,
 I can't
> simply re-run the report, because there may have been changes or
 mistakes in
> the initial data entry. So I need to capture the actual invoice.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Until an invoice is submitted corrections to the input can be made, but generally once an invoice is issued it can not be changed; Ajustments are handled through issuing debits and credits. Invoices that have not been mailed can be cancelled and new correct invoices can be generated.

Are you going to bill by invoice or by statement? If your client will be submitting one bill each month then you should probably bill by statement and the invoices for each service would accompany the statement.

It is wise when dealing with a government unit to check with them on how the bills should be presented for timely payment. You should then gear your invoicing system to meet these requirements so your client can get paid.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.