Re: Internet search engines and databases

From: <mallagent_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/30

That's right sir! Database driven is the key and that's the challenge to capture the dynamic contents from each site. This is what we are doing from our site, your 95% database contents. We are not doing any spider search or page indexing.

In article <38E36CAC.D3A4A0E6_at_attglobal.net>, tony_fulford_at_attglobal.net wrote:
> Currently most web site content is static content within the web site
> pages. This is changing very rapidly. Most new or revised web sites
 are not
> static content sites, most notably, virtually all commerce based web
 sites
> are database driven web sites. Where will your site be when 95% of the
> content is in databases? You will be left with a paltry 5% of the web
 which
> is not even statictically significant where e-commerce is concerned.
>
> I am trying to generate discussion on: How we all function when
 content is
> primarily contained in databases?
>
> Thanks for your participation.
>
> Tony Fulford
>
> mallagent_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > Thank you Tony for your interests. To answer your question, no, we
 do
> > not query beyond what is given on each site published data contents.
> > The reasons are obvious, one, it is illegal to do that without
 consent
> > from each site, two, it will involve a hell lot of additional
 efforts
> > if we can do that. BUT, don't restrict yourself when you talk about
> > accessing databases across the Internet to just conventional
> > databases. Think about the published HTML pages from each site are
> > actually databases themselves, just in somewhat un-regulated format
 and
> > far from relational. Our site http://www.mallagent.com is a working
> > example of querying the entire Internet and aggregating different
 data
> > sources (un-related HTML pages). Non-confidential description? We
> > don't have one yet. We may take this off the board and exchange
 emails
> > later.
> >

> ...prior communication deleted. See the newsgroup.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message