database-linked tables possible?

From: Mirbt <mirbt_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/03/26

i want to have a website where lawyers can post their resumes. before they post they have to register. this registartion is the same for message boards, chat etc. this registration is in a table which also includes non-lawyers: user id (autonumbered), user_name, password, lawyer : yes/no

if lawyers want to enter their resume- not all lawyers want to do that- they have to enter first user name and password and then sevral answers like address in my form. my question: how can i link the two tables, ie by field like lawyer_resumeid. there has to be a way in access or do i have to migrate to sql server. also, how can i in the registartion process divide the people who answered yes/no when they when they asked whetehr they were lawyers in two differnt fields ie. lawyer_id and non_lawyer id. finally, is it true that all fields in my table have to be filled when peopel enter information or can some fields be left blank? mike Received on Sun Mar 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message