Re: Tuple Relational Calculus Help

From: Thomas Muller <ttm_at_nextra.com>
Date: 2000/03/22

"Low Yew Sing" <slasher_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:8basch$9a0$1_at_clematis.singnet.com.sg...
> Hi,
> Currently, i am doing my study on DB Sys Concept. I came across the
> Tuple R C and it really buffers me. The basic statement uses is { inv(E)t
> r (Q(t)) } P.S Sorry i don have the fonts for inverted E.
> Is there any way to learn how to read and understand how Tuple Relational
> Calculus is interpreted? Thanks

Any good database book should explain Tuple R C and Domain R C, both which are adaptions of first order predicate calculus. In the first variables range over tuples, whereas in the latter the variables range over domain values of atributes.

See Elmasri / Navathe "Fundamentals of Database Systems".

--

Thomas