Re: OO fans bashing Joins

From: topmind <topmindNOtoSPAM_at_technologist.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/03/19

Reply to Kyle:

I moved the discussion about tables and 1-to-1 relationships to "Roles and relational (revisited)" in comp.object.

>> Procedural programming also benefits. Functions are objects
too! <<

The definition of "object oriented programming" is rather fuzzy it seems. A wide interpretation may indeed view everything as an "object". A wide interpretation of relational theory may also view everything as entities and relationships.

Thus, I think it is safe to define OO as having classes and methods.

>> Everyone can agree upon the power of the C function pointer.
<<

I prefer syntactical indirection (Eval("myfunc(x)")) instead of address indirection. It may not be as efficient, but it is safer, more flexible, and more storable IMO.

Thanks for your reply, -tmind-

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!