Re: Hierarchical Relationship

From: Jan-Erik Rosinowski <spamfilter_at_rosinowski.de>
Date: 2000/03/18

>They put those stupid little prefixes on names (i.e.
>tblPersonnel, intQuantity, etc.) which are at best redundant because
>SQL knows what the schema objects are from syntax.

we use prefixes for tables (t_), views (v_), functions (f_) and procedures (p_). in case of performance problems one easily sees what's going on. ever wondered how a query like "select a from b" could take ages? let "a" be a function without arguments... sure, the compiler knows the types and semantics but black-box-thinking and informationhiding works only to a limited extend.

ciao, jan

http://www.rsp.de/

rs&p-Dossier: Software zur Erstellung technischer Dokumentationen

              und Schriftgutes in Verwaltung und Industrie. Received on Sat Mar 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message