Re: OO fans bashing Joins

From: topmind <topmindNOtoSPAM_at_technologist.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/03/13

>Seriously, it can do so IF you succeed in developing
>abstractions that you can reuse.

There is no evidence that OO increases reuse.

Further, there are many ways to reuse code in procedural/relational paradigms.

When my reuse plans faulter, it is because I failed to predict future needs, not because my paradigm is too static.

>Note that OO follows directly from the best practices
>of good code builders

It follows from the best sound-good-on-paper BS. It resembles economic communism in this regard. Intellectually seductive, but unrealistic and based on unrealistic behavioral patterns.

Besides, "good code" is very very very subjective.

There are some types of problems that OO does well at, but I do not find these patterns in my niche for the most part.

-tmind- oop.ismad.com