Re: General concept, joining two tables...

From: BPMargolin <bpmargo_at_attglobal.net>
Date: 2000/03/10

Steve,

You are basically on the correct track. You indeed need a third table to relate the Applications and Inventors tables. While neither Docket Number nor Inventor ID can separately be a primary key on this third table, you can create a composite key of the two that will be unique.

Composite keys are not at all uncommon.