Re: Account Hierachies

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: 2000/03/03

"Markus Janscha" <markus_at_janscha.co.uk> wrote in message news:89nqjs$3o2$1_at_gxsn.com...

> Could anyone please point me to a source of information for creating account
> hierarchies.

> I need to make child - parent and parent - parent relationships.
> Some data sets must only be entered into children but
> some data sets (budgets) may have to be entered into a parent level.

> The parent level would also have to be identified.

> I was thinking of building recursive relationships with a parent or child
> flag?

What happens when children become parents themselves? I'd use a Person table and a separate Relationship table to encode the relationships between various people.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jfoster@ricochet.net>  Space Cooties! <http://www.xenu.net/>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to