Copy schema without data

From: Raoul Minder <raoul_at_nospam.minder.name>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 00:23:07 +0200

Sorry for the sender name, just set up my news account...

Hi all

Probably an easy question for an oracle dba or even power user:

I would like to copy the data warehouse schema on my laptop for testing and developing our application.
- Unfortunately I have a 80GB HD and the DWH contains a few 'tera'.

  • Fortunately, I don't need the data (ok perhaps a few master data). I need only the schema to avoid 'table not found' errors and so on.

How can I copy all the tables (mat. views to be correct) without the data from our dwh? But please don't tell me to dump the whole thing and delete the data. DWH and networking team would kill me.

Good news: no indices, no constraints, just 1 to 1 raw data dumped out of our business solution environment. But I only have access to mat. views and not to the tables directly.

I tried a create table from select... that did the job more or less but I guess I can't trust it (do mat views identify their underlaying schema correctly?)

Forgive a spoiled ms developer and thank you in advance

Raoul Received on Wed Aug 27 2008 - 00:23:07 CEST

Original text of this message