Re: Field naming conventions

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 18:40:09 +0000

Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com> wrote:

> But if I were you, I'd ignore the rule about

> Do Not Use Column Names That Match Parent Table Names, in fact I'd do

Scratch what I said here - I thought he was talking about a particular field name in different tables, rather than having a table "Location" with a field "Location" - I tend to agree on this point.

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 10.2.0.1 (Express Edition)
Interbase 6.0.2.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.