Re: deducing ranges in SQL

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:40:05 -0500

"Oxnard" <oxnardNO_SPAM_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:kcSdnbo_T9IT6Z_ZRVn-rA_at_comcast.com...
: Oracle 9.2.0.6 in AIX
:
: I am trying to find ranges and where the range ends for each d_no:
: The increment of val is one
:
: My example is:
:
: select * from t1
:
: d_no val
: 1 20
: 1 21
: 1 22
: 1 23
: 1 25
: 1 1503
: 1 1504
: 3 502
: 3 503
: 3 504
: 3 600
:
: I am trying to come up with an SQL which would produce an output of
:
: d_no the_range
: 1 20-23
: 1 25
: 1 1503-1504
: 3 502-504
: 3 600
:
: I have tried using some of the analytic functions and got close with lead
: but not quite. I could do a cursor in
: PL/SQL but the table is so huge it takes way to long. In fact I did do
this
: on a small table. It worked just fine.
: Also what I am showing as a table is really an in-line view of a couple of
: tables I have joined.
:
: Any ideas would really be helpful
:
: Thank you
:
:

what version of oracle and what have you tried?

++ mcs Received on Tue Mar 21 2006 - 22:40:05 CET

Original text of this message