Re: Does any one know where i can get oracle 8i

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:27:25 -0500

"Andrew Gardiner" <reverber_at_reverber.co.uk> wrote in message news:438db2e0$0$82636$ed2619ec_at_ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
>i am at uni studying computer science and as suh have to program an swl
> database, the problem is the mahine that the database has to exist on is
> windows 98 so therefore i need a copy of 8i, the problem is that no matter
> where i look i cant find a ccopy of it, so i was wondering if there was
> any
> one on here who could send me a copy or could host it on a site so i could
> download it or something, as time is running out and i am really
> desperate.
>
> faithfully yours andrew gardiner

i've been told this newsgroup is officially dead, and not carried by all servers, to it's best to post questions like this in comp.databases.oracle.server or comp.databaes.oracle.misc

don't have 8i to share, but i'd be a bit suspicous of the education being provided if the requirement is to use an obsolete RDBMS on an obsolete OS -- is there any particulare reason why the instructor will not allow using 21st century technology?

++ mcs Received on Wed Nov 30 2005 - 15:27:25 CET

Original text of this message