OCI library for Oracle 8.1.7.4.0 on OpenVMS

From: Nagi <Nanu_Nagi_at_Yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2005 21:48:45 -0800

Hi,

I'm working for the backup application. Currently we need to support Oracle8i backups for our application.

We are having OCI* calls from our code.

We are using Recovery Manager: Release 8.1.7.4.0 - Production version in our system. We have installed the oracle 81740 patch.

OS : OpenVMS V7.3-1 AXP

We are getting following undefined symbols when linking our code with oracle.

%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIAttrSet
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIDefineByPos
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIEnvInit
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIErrorGet
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIHandleAlloc
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIHandleFree
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIInitialize
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIServerAttach
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIServerDetach
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCISessionBegin
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCISessionEnd
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIStmtExecute
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIStmtFetch
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, OCIStmtPrepare

We would like to know which library needs to be include during the link to resolve the above symbols. We are not finding any demo_rdbms.mk file in $ORACLE_HOME directory.

We have supported the oracle 9i release 2 version and we did not face the above problem. We used ( LIBCLNTST9.OLB) library.

Kindly provide us the oci library name to resolve the above problem.

Please let me know if you need any more information from my side.

Thanks and Regards
Nagaraj C Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 06:48:45 CET

Original text of this message