Re: Oracle Software Updates fees

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:57:07 +0100

mrique wrote:
> Hi
> Oracle support send me an anual fee with
> - Product Support
> - Software Updates
>
> I run 9i Oracle Database Standard Edition - Processor Perpetual
>
> I cannnot understand the coverage of the 2k $ anual software update
> fee : is it only for patches or can I upgrade to 10 g with this
> contract ?
> Do you think I should suscribe ? what for ?
> Aymeric

Well - at least it gives you the right to contact Oracle and ask them all these questions personally :)

Basically -and it changes per country- it gives you the right to:
- download patches (metalink.oracle.com) - ask questions to Oracle support (by phone, or via iTar:

   metalink.oracle.com)
- upgrade versions (not sure you need support for that)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel