Re: how can I connect to oracle in C language?

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:55:08 -0500

<baumann.Pan_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1dc5aeaa.0503050051.3a37e897_at_posting.google.com...
> hi all,
> I am programming on linux, my program want to connect a oracle
> database server to do some SQL statement/procedure. But I don't know
> how to connect to oracle database on linux OS.
> anyone can do me a favour? thanks a lot

use the oracle precompiler or the oracle call interface (OCI)

refer to
http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db10g/portal.portal_demo3?selected=3#index-PRO or
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/appdev.101/b10779/toc.htm

(assuming 10g -- otherwise goto to tahiti.oracle.com and look up these books for the oracle version that you are using.)

++ mcs Received on Sat Mar 05 2005 - 18:55:08 CET

Original text of this message