Re: Pls help,oracle error

From: Eric de Redelijkheid <ericdere_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:48:52 +0100

Anno Domini 24-2-2005 18:31, Raghuraman sprak aldus:

>Hi,
>
>In my web app , i am using oracle 9i as db.i an open the oracle
>database but i cant retrieve the data.
>
>It tells
>
>ORA-00376: file 7 cannot be read at this time ORA-01110: data file 7:
>'/mnt/ora_data/tcms/data02.dbf'
>
>Error.
>
>Could u pls tell me , how can i look around that.
>

>Regards
>Raghu

the name of the directory (/mnt) would suggest that your datafile is residing on a nfs volume which is currently not mounted?

ask the one with root access to the server to perform a 'mount -a'. This should work if the mountpoint is listed in /etc/fstabs. Otherwise he or she should manually mount it. I am not sure this would give immediate access to your data.

If the datafile is lost, then you should restore it from backup and perform recovery operations (you do backup your database?). Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 18:48:52 CET

Original text of this message