Re: acceptable way to program

From: steve <me_at_me.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 06:19:30 +0800

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 18:00:15 +0800, Robert kebernet Cooper wrote (in article <1104660015.626693.96680_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>):

> steve wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Recently I have been looking at the various ways people are
> implementing,

>> interaction between java & oracle databases.
>>

>> I have seen people Serializing java objects , such as purchase
> orders

>> orders, customer records etc , then sticking the "object" into am
> oracle blob

>> column.
>>

> These people are nearly all morons and should be first against the wall
> when the revolution comes.
>

>> I'm looking to implement a java front end, (oracle back end), system
> ,that

>> allows a product , to be inspected by an inspection team , and
> comments/

>> photographic record kept.
>>
>> using an "object approach" would make it very simple, but the size of
> the

>> resulting object could be very large.
>>
>> does anyone have any thoughts how to accomplish this task.
>>

>> steve
>
> Look into using Hibernate or Castor. They are much better solutions.
> CMP EEJBs are kinda sorta OK, but not really. Until EJB 3.0 is
> available, I still avoid them like the plague.

looked at hibernate, it seems to do mostly what I want, but it's another thing I would have to learn.
Castor , didn't seem to fair too well , it get's a real slagging down in various places on the net , seems some people are distinctly un-happy with it.

steve Received on Sun Jan 02 2005 - 23:19:30 CET

Original text of this message