design of application / schema / multiple development schemas

From: bdj <B.D.Jensen_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:44:32 +0100

Hello!
Can anyone tell me where to read more about best practices about this:

Should I put data in a seperate scheme for tables, packages in anoter schema
and create a lot of users that have access to (some) packages.

When the tables are in anoter schema than the packages, where should the table-API (generated from Designer) be?

Or should i just put data and package in the same schema an create a lot of users that have access to (some) packages?

How to support multiple developer-teams that wish to access the same tables during development (they should work with different sets of data)? One (bad) 'solution' is having multiple instances with its own database-files on the same machine, but then you will get an performance issue by wasting memory.

Greetings
Bjørn Received on Tue Dec 14 2004 - 13:44:32 CST