Debugging "Table Mutating" errors... 8.1.6

From: hankr <hankr_at_skillview.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:46:10 -0500

I have only a developer's level knowledge of Oracle, though I have access to DBA tools. Searches through the docs have not been fruitful, so I thought I'd try here.

I am getting an error on a simple 1-row I-SQL delete statement that a different table may be "mutating" and the transaction is then rolled-back. I understand what this means, and have fixed "mutating" errors before.

But I cannot for the life of me trace-thru in the trigger-chain and DRI-chain how this particular table is even being touched in THIS particular transaction.

Is there some sort of "Trace" utility / function I can enable and view to see what is going on "behind" this simple 1-row delete statement.... that might tell me more-specifically where the failure is occurring in the chain cascading (trigger and DRI) operations?

Many Thanks Received on Mon Nov 22 2004 - 21:46:10 CET

Original text of this message