Re: Comparison of DB2 and Oracle?

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:52:29 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

>> in Ingres I ran the report with a system call, in Oracle I use Oracle
>> Reports server (with all its nasty bugs)

> Then you made a horrible choice of reporting software.

You're right. Often overlooked is Oracle's free SQLPlus & iSQLPlus which, with it's formatting capability will satisfy, a significant percentage of all reports. Especially when coupled with the new raw SQL grouping functions available such as period-over-period comparisons, etc. (No need even to go OLAP)

Sometimes the simplest solutions are best, no matter how much people sneer at them! (I already hear the howls: but , but ... <G>)

/Hans Received on Fri Oct 22 2004 - 03:52:29 CEST

Original text of this message