Re: Newbie question

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:28:52 -0400

"ERD" <erd_at_nospam.net> wrote in message news:Xns9574AEB351DD0glnospamnet_at_216.196.97.131...
| Yes I finally figured out the cascade constraints.
| Thanks for that select statement.
|
| Question: does this imply that the RI in the relationship was not defined
| correctly?

not at all -- its not abnormal to need to use cascade constraints option if FKs still exist, and its not abnormal if a table in another schema has FK constraints

did you find out which table has the FK before you used the 'cascade constraints' option?

++ mcs Received on Thu Sep 30 2004 - 23:28:52 CEST

Original text of this message