Re: PLS-00201 error

From: Andrew Tanenbaum <andrew.tanenbaum_at_katamail.com>
Date: 28 Sep 2004 02:58:24 -0700

Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message news:<Bh46d.166530$XP3.7327_at_edtnps84>...
> Andrew Tanenbaum wrote:

> Some fundamentals missing. Couple of counter questions:

> 1) Database version(s)

8.1.6

> 2) You appear to be using DB Links
> - have you defined them to connect with passwords?

No

> 3) Why are you granting "select any' priv?
> - could you get away with "GRANT SELECT ON table"?

The "select any" privilege was granted by the dba role, so i would keep the same situation. But your solution is equally valid. Keep in mind that the dev team I was inserted to is not the best and many solutions are very messy (e.g. all the application users have dba privilege !!!). I'm a graduate and i don't know a lot about oracle, but this environment doesn't help me for sure

> 4) Who owns synonym for schema2.table_name?

schema1. It doesn't sound good

> 5) Who runs the procedure when the error occurs?

schema1

> - which authid for the procedure? definer or current_user?

no authid, the default is the owner, that is schema1

> and OT/6) Any relation to Andrew S.?

He's my uncle... i'm kidding :-)