Re: Granting privileges on table owned by different owner

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:37:48 GMT

Wade Chy wrote:

> I am using oracle 8.1.7.4
> I am logged on as system. I cant grant SELECT on FIN.ACCT_REF to
> FIN_READ_ONLY because I am not the owner of ACCT_REF. The FIN schema
> is already existing and it's for an accounting application. I dont
> know the password for FIN. Thats what the problem is. Otherwise I
> could login as FIN and grant the privs to the role. I dont want to
> change the password for FIN because the application may not work.
> I am in a tricky situation. TIA for your help.

You may wish to browse through Chapter 23 of the 8.1.7 Administrator's Guide. There are a couple of ideas, but you'll need to dig into the environment a lot deeper.

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76956/privs.htm

While this may not be (probably is not) the case: if you haven't been given the password to FIN, we need to consider the possibility of internal security breach. Therefore, the best thing I could suggest is to open an iTAR - this kind of question is well within the purpose of iTAR. Received on Thu Sep 16 2004 - 20:37:48 CEST

Original text of this message