Re: how to identify 2 different session on same machine

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2004 16:24:08 -0700

kamesh_blr_at_yahoo.com (Kamesh) wrote in message news:<896a5eff.0409120900.713a725a_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi Folks,
>
> how to identify 2 different session on same machine, same/nearly same
> logon time that is running on a oracle server.
>
> We have different sid,serial# but how to identify they both are
> different. Given the sqls running in there sessions were different
>
> Thanks for your time.
> Pravesh Karthik

There are a number of answers to your question, but I'm not real sure what the question is. Perhaps the osuser or machine columns have what you need? It varies by application and configuration. If you have a single remote user with two sessions, it may be a tossup.

comp.databases.oracle is a decremented group.

See http://members.cox.net/oracleunix/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.