Re: Help with Import ORACLE

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 17:05:08 GMT

mb_at_asterop.com (M Bouloussa) wrote in news:ab03d38.0409060845.3976d638_at_posting.google.com:

> Hello,
>
> I have a little problem with an oracle import.
> My problem is :
>
> 1) I have a dump (file.dmp) contains a table T1 (just for this
> example)
> 2) I have an oracle schema (user=U1, pass=pass1) contains a table T2
> with the same structure as T1
> but having different tablespace (data,index) and with different
> pctFree and pctUsed.
> 3) I would like to import the file file.dmp in this schema
>
> ___
>
> the command
> imp U1/pass1 file=file.dmp doesn't work because the table is already
> exist
> the command
> imp U1/pass1 file=file.dmp ignore=Y doesn't work
>

> Thank you for help
>
> MB

You post leave out many details.
OS
OS version
Oracle version
"doesn't work" is like telling the doctor you don't feel well. Do you realize how many different ways it "doesn't work" might happen? Why can't/don't/won't you post EXACTLY what you got via cut & paste? Have you tried
imp help=yes
Is/was table T1 owned by U1?
Do you have "DBA privs"?
What should happen to the existing data? If PK/UK is on this table what is to be done with duplicates? Received on Mon Sep 06 2004 - 19:05:08 CEST

Original text of this message