Re: Start 10g Infrastructure and AS

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:30:44 GMT

snair1020_at_yahoo.com (Sandeep Nair) wrote in news:16e37dbf.0409051424.632660c0_at_posting.google.com:

> Does anyone has a script which starts all the required processes for
> 10g AS? It should start iAS db, infrastructure, AS etc.

There was a NOTE on MetaLink for 9iAS being started from the command line. Yes, your order is correct.
HOWEVER, at least for 9iAS I had to include 15 - 30 second sleeps, because the nasty Java utilities would return control & NOT really be ready to complete their duties (for the Infrastructure nonsense). It took me DAYS to debug, because it would work manually when I would enter the commands CAREFULLY on line at a time. I'm such a poor typist that I gave the utilities enough time to actually come up to speed. When the commands were is a script just getting blasted one right after another, the results were failure. The 9iAS s/w would NOT work. Received on Mon Sep 06 2004 - 00:30:44 CEST

Original text of this message