Re: DBFlash for Oracle - looking for beta testers (modified post)

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2004 10:12:50 -0700

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<yU9Xc.9504$A8.417_at_edtnps89>...
> Charlie Martin Beta program wrote:
>
> > Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message
> >> You would make a LOT more friends if you would restrict this kind of
> >> request to the comp.database.oracle.marketplace forum - which is the only
> >> one you have ignored.
> >
> > My apologies. The charter for c.d.o.marketplace
> > (http://www.orafaq.com/usenet/charter4.htm) says:
> >
> > * jobs available
> > * positions wanted
> > * services offered
> > * software or hardware wanted or available for sale
> > * books and other literature available
> > * announcements of new products
> >
> > and since I'm looking for people willing to try a tool, and not
> > looking for a job, announcing a position, offering a service, selling
> > software (we've got marketing weenies for that), selling a book, or
> > annoucing a new product (it's not ready yet, that's why I'm looking
> > for beta testers), c.d.o.marketplace didn't seem appropriate.
> >
> > That'll teach me to read the documentation.
>
> I know it can be confusing, so I tried to be gentle in my comments. IMO,
> the cdo.marketplace should be changed to include the following:
>
> * software or hardware wanted or available for sale
> >> * third party software/hardware wanted or available
> * announcements of new products
> >> * announcements of new open source or commercial products
> (new)
> >> general announcements such as beta tests
>
> /Hans

But the charter was only partially quoted. The paragraph above the list reads-

Comp.databases.oracle.marketplace is a news group provided for commercially oriented topics of interest to people using Oracle software. This group includes but is not limited to articles covering the following topics:

Notice the "includes but is not limited to" phrase. I really think it doesn't need amended since it says what you want to say already. The list is not exhaustive and was never intended to be so.

If Charlie is willing to learn, then this is all for the good.

  Ed Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 19:12:50 CEST

Original text of this message