Re: Understanding "lsnrctl status"

From: Jan <janik_at_pobox.sk>
Date: 16 Aug 2004 23:32:08 -0700

Service "ftgdb" has 2 instance(s).
> Instance "ftgdb", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this
> service...
> Instance "ftgdb", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

One with the UNKNOWN status is that one which is definied statically - it is writen in listener.ora file
One with status READY si that one which is registered automatically - when DB is starting up PMON automatically registers DB to the listener. It is doing so also after starting up every 1 min.

You need to have the static definition since some tools (e.g. OEM) require it.

Jan