Resizing the SGA

From: Ping Ai <g1303_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Aug 2004 01:51:21 -0700

Dear All,

The number of users will be doubling soon and I would really appreciate some advice on the SGA sizing.

Database version: 9i
Operating System: AIX 4.3.3 ML 10

Shared Server configuration.
Currently...

Average 20 users.

SQL> show sga

Total System Global Area 336529160 bytes

Fixed Size                   452360 bytes
Variable Size             268435456 bytes
Database Buffers           67108864 bytes
Redo Buffers                 532480 bytes

NAME	                       VALUE
hash_area_size	               2097152
java_pool_size	               117440512
large_pool_size	               1048576
log_buffer	               524288
sga_max_size	               336529160
shared_pool_reserved_size      5872025
shared_pool_size	       117440512
sort_area_size	               1048576

The server has just been upgraded from 1GB to 2GB of RAM.

How can I calculate the approximate values when the extra users come in?

Also the large pool size needs to be increased because of ORA-4031 error. But if I increase it, do I need to make any changes to the other parameters like shared_pool_size?

Please advise.

Thank you Received on Wed Aug 11 2004 - 10:51:21 CEST

Original text of this message