Insert multiple rows via XML?

From: Brian Marasca <bmarasca_at_optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:51:58 GMT

I know that Oracle has extensive support for XML, but I can't seem to find any documentation on using an XML document to do multiple inserts into a relational table. Note, I'm *not* trying to insert an XML document into an XmlType column. I just want to construct an XML document containing the values for many rows, and then use this document to insert all of the rows with a single INSERT command. I want to do this for performance, because doing many individual INSERTs in a loop in a stored procedure yields unacceptable performance.

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.

Brian Received on Sat Aug 07 2004 - 16:51:58 CEST

Original text of this message