Invalid attribute in connection string. Nuby needs HELP!

From: GitarJake <gitarjake_at_spammersuntied.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:31:01 -0400

Hello all,

I am trying to test an ODBC connection to an Oracle dbf using the ODBC Data Source Administrator. It's not working and I suspect I haven't configured Oracle correctly. Below is the error message I am getting:

[DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Driver]Invalid attribute in connection string: Description.[DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle]ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor

I am very new to Oracle and I don't know where to go to fix this. Any help?

Thanks,

Jake Received on Fri Jul 30 2004 - 16:31:01 CEST

Original text of this message