Easy as Oracle Forms, powerful as java

From: Chris <chris_at_bsiag.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2004 02:49:53 -0700

Our company developed the last couple of years a development tool: using this tool we configure and program (using SQL, and Java-Script) very, very easy an application. The output of the effort is a state-of-the art n-tier, j2ee, pure-java/xml-Application - but without coding one single line java. And: the application looks really sexy. Some of the mentioned features are patented in US. Everything goes well, our customers loves this way of program and we sell a lot of these applications and licenses.

Everything Ok? No! Why Oracle or Sun doesn't provide this development tool?? Why not Name it jForms or Java Lite? and let it use by thousands and millions of Forms user? Does really every Forms user changed to Java? Isn't it a to big step for them? Doesn't Oracle miss a successor of Oracle Forms for these guys? And Sun an easy to use developing platform? What is the market for such a tool? 3 billion $? Not something like JBuider or VB, I can't program Java or Visual Basic. But I can SQL, and Java Script. And using this tool, I swear, I program an application with some tables and forms, validations, search, reports in word and excel in less than one week. Really!

The tool is ready, documented and approved, used by thousands of users. Our next step is to convince Oracle or Sun to put it on their product portfolio. They would get back thousands of developer, and a lot of money.

Who can help? Who knows the mail address or phone number of Larry Ellison or Scott McNealy? I'm sure they would love the idea.

We also plan to place the development tool as open source. What do you think of this idea?

Thanks and best regards,
Chris Received on Wed Jul 28 2004 - 11:49:53 CEST

Original text of this message