Re: SQL-Proceudre: SELECT ... INTO... within a while loop - doesn´t work

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2004 09:56:44 -0700

bertholomaeus_at_yahoo.ca (bert) wrote in message news:<ea3b40c.0407160615.253a680c_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I want to insert the result of a select into a procedure-variable
> within a while-loop. The loop works as far as I don´t insert following
> line:
>
> select tea.FDATE into ldTeaDate2 from ... tea where tea.ID = ldTeaId;
>
> the error message:
> ORA-01403: no data found
> ORA-06512: at "...", line 70
>
> The table and variables are created by the same user, who execute the
> statement.
>
> Have anyone an idea?

How about you read the error message: the SELECT found NO DATA.

You'll need to add some EXCEPTION processing to your code. Look it up and try it.

 And I'd suggest you post any follow up questions in comp.databases.oracle.misc since the comp.databases.oracle group is supposed to be obsolete. Received on Mon Jul 19 2004 - 18:56:44 CEST

Original text of this message